Thursday, October 20, 2011

Week 3

So this week we worked on Shadow Puppets.  We took the story that we had told in class (Mine being about my first time Whale Watching and my love for all things cetacean) and we worked into creating it into a shadow puppet piece.  We spent the entire time constructing our puppets and playing around with our pieces lit by an overhead projector.  I must say that I am pretty happy with my blue whale that I created.  I'm going to have to keep it afterwards.  I am going into the studio today with Kaley and Dr. Liz to continue construction on our pieces and figure out how to present them/ who will be puppeteering what.  The background music I will be using is Joe Hisaishi's "Ashitaka and San" from the Studio Ghibli film Princess Mononoke.  Here, have a listen:
Next week we will present our puppets and film the pieces.  Hopefully I can upload them to this blog.  Well, thats all for now.  Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment